Project Analyst Commercial Fuels Digital | Part of Shell Graduate Programme in Hamburg
You are passionate about enabling our organization to achieve our Net-Zero-Emissions ambition by developing digital solutions? You want to work across cultures and disciplines? You want to be part of agile product development? If you answered three times yes, we look forward to receiving your application!
What are you going to do:
As one of the world’s leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in meeting the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. There has never been a more exciting time to be part of the energy industry. Join us in our ambition to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050, and sooner if that is possible.
As first Graduate assignment, you join the Commercial Fuels Digital team in Hamburg (Germany) which is the B2B sales angle of the Trading & Supply (T&S) organization. The T&S business currently drives a massive transformation to achieve our Net-Zero-Emissions ambition. Whilst we still play a critical role by operating one of the most complex supply chains in Germany to supply our customers with fuels, we also grow our portfolio of cleaner energy solutions by bringing new products, concepts and supply chains to the market. In this transformation, you play a critical role by … :
- … acting customer centric: You provide digital offers to our B2B customers which proof that we are an innovation leader in the industry – today and tomorrow.
- … optimizing our business: You automate standard processes to perform our traditional business more efficiently. This frees up time for staff and thereby enables them to focus even more on the tasks driving the energy transition.
- … developing solutions strengthening the cleaner energy portfolio: Together with IT, sales, customers, the pricing team and external vendors, you drive the development of digital solutions which help us to sell cleaner energy solutions.
As a Project Analyst in the Commercial Fuels Digital Team, you will be responsible for:
- supporting various product teams in developing new and/or enhancing existing digital products
- acting as a product owner by managing a product backlog, creating and promoting a product vision, organizing sprints and user acceptance tests etc.
- performing assessments regarding value of digital products and to present these to senior management to ensure funding and resourcing
- delivering our data strategy together with the team by coordinating data migrations to a data lake and by working with data scientists and engineers to drive projects around Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- innovating and driving new internal and external digital solutions which help the organization accelerating in the energy transition
- acting as an ambassador for digitalization, scrum, design thinking and/or data science and providing opportunities to develop the organization in that area
- work with one or more of the product teams to improve existing digital solutions to make them fit for the future
After 18 months in this assignment, we will jointly identify a second Graduate rotation which fits to your personal development ambitions.
What we offer:
- Leadership development – you will have the opportunity to progress globally while developing and diversifying your role to meet your full potential
- Support – you’ll have a strong support network to help you succeed. Supervisors, coaches, mentors and professional experts will help you monitor and track your progress. You’ll be encouraged to take an innovative approach, while developing your skills and
- Social and Young Professional Events – Shell organises many professional events and there are also lots of social events, sports, etc.
What we ask:
- Enrolled in a state-recognized university ; Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics or an economics-hybrid, supply chain management or computer science, data science or a related subject
- Enthusiastic about driving projects and/or product development
- Strong skills in stakeholder management – preferably across cultures and seniority levels
- Solution-oriented and strong in analytical and conceptual thinking
- Passionate about the energy transition, digitalization, data, B2B sales, pricing and/or business processes
- Natural hands-on mentality and ability to work independently
- Open-minded, enthusiastic and creative when it comes to developing new ideas
- Preferably gained first experience around Scrum framework / agile product development, project management, Design Thinking
- Already gained first work experience as working student or intern (or similar)
- Strong in communicating in German and English
As one of the most innovative companies in the world, we offer the chance to join our Commercial Fuels Digital team taking this journey of discovery, pushing boundaries and exploring frontiers as we go.
Helping you prepare
We want you to be at your best when completing the assessments, so here are some top tips and some additional background information that may help you. Ace your application prep by reviewing our application tips.
If you are interested in this role, then apply now by using the 'Apply' button asap!
The Shell Graduate Programme
It’s a great introduction to the exciting world of Energy and Innovation and a chance for you to gain insights into some of Shell’s most pioneering projects and operations. As part of Shell’s global network of professionals, you'll have the chance to work alongside some of the industry’s leading visionaries and work with cutting-edge technologies.
- Education Level
- Working hours per week
- Responsible for
- Supporting various product teams in developing new and/or enhancing existing digital products, work with products and create digital solutions
- Profession type
- IT / Software-Entwicklung / Programmierung
- Full UK/EU driving license preferred
- Car Preferred
- Cover Letter Required
- Englisch, Deutsch
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!
Registriere dich jetzt!
Du möchtest dich mit nur einem Klick ganz einfach bewerben und immer auf dem neuesten Stand bezüglich neuer Stellenangebote, die zu dir passen, sein? Melde dich jetzt als Student an!Kostenlos registrieren